Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekend at the Cottage

This weekend I went to the cottage. The cottage isn't really ours it belongs to my godparents but we go there every summer. The drive there is really long. We had to cross Montreall and laval. Then drive for along time. Then when we get there we need to park and unload our bags and wait for a boat because you can't drive to the cottage. The oat ride took abou ten min. We left my grandma's house at 4:00 and arrived at the cottage at 8:00.
 At the cottage there is no tv so we amuse ourselves through cards and puzzles and games and reading. Outside we have kayaking and swiming. This weekend sucked because it rained a lot but that just means more puzzles and games and cards and reading. This weekend was weird because I did not want to read which is unusual for me. This weekend I learned how to play joker rummy it's a card game. I didn't get to play my own hand because there where too many players but next time I will get to play. 
 When swimming at the cottage we jump off of a dock. The water is deep because we swim in a lake. The water being deep is a good thing because the bottom is probably slimy.This weekend I hade to tread water. I haven't had to in past visits because I wore a life jacket. This weekend I didn't because I've grown more confident and my swimming skills have improved.
Nine people sleep in two bedrooms and a porch. Our whole famalie sleeps in a room with a bunk bed. We sleep with my parents on the bottom and us on the top. When there is more of us someone has to sleep on the couch.
Overall doing puzzles and playing cards was fun. So was playing games. Yet it was seeing the Wyshes that made this weekend a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment